In Microsoft Windows 11 you can set the Windows Defender Firewall to block or unblock certain applications. Here’s how.
- Right-click the “Start” button, then choose “Settings“.
- Select “Privacy & security” option on the left menu pane, then choose Windows Security. (If you do not see the left menu pane, select ☰)
- Choose the “Firewall & network protection” option.
- Choose the “Allow an app through firewall” link.
- Unchecking the box to the left of the application name disallows it from accessing network resources, while checking it allows access. You can also check the boxes to the right of the name labeled “Private” or “Public” to allow and disallow the app on private or public networks respectively.
- If the program you wish to block or unblock is not listed, you can click the “Allow another app…” button to add it. Choose the application in the list and select “Add“. If the program is not in this list, use the “Browse…” button to select the program file manually.