Your Windows 10 Mail App may sometimes throw the following error on the screen: “Something went wrong. We couldn’t find your settings. Error code: 0x80070490″. This error message usually pops up when you try to add a new Gmail account to your Mail App. Let’s jump right in and explore what solutions you can use to troubleshoot this problem.
How Do I Fix Error Code 0x80070490 in Windows 10?
Check Your Privacy Settings
Your Windows 10 privacy settings might be preventing apps from accessing your email. Navigate to Settings, select Privacy and go to Email, Calendar, and People. Then allow apps to access your email and calendar.
Restart your Mail app and try to add the problematic email account again. If the error persists, restart your computer and try again.
Update the Mail & Calendar App
Go to the Microsoft Store, search for the Mail & Calendar app, and hit the Update button. Alternatively, click on More options, and select Downloads and updates. Many users confirmed that installing the latest app version solved the problem.
Set up the Calendar App
Other users suggested that you need to set up the Calendar app first and then customize your email settings.
- Launch the Calendar app, click on Settings, and go to Manage accounts.
- Select Add Account, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Wait until your calendar data syncs and then check your email settings.
Reset the Mail and Calendar App
If the issue persists, jump to the next solution on the list. Try resetting the app but keep in mind this solution will also delete your app data.
- Navigate to Windows Settings, select Apps, and then click on Apps & features.
- Scroll down to the Mail & Calendar app.
- Then select Advanced options.
- Hit the Reset button, re-launch the app and check the results.
Run SFC and DISM
- Type cmd in the Windows Search bar.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt app and select Run as administrator.
- Enter the following commands and hit Enter after each one:
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Then run the sfc /scannow command.
- When the scan is finished, restart your computer and launch the Mail app again.
Windows 10 Mail App error 0x80070490 indicates your privacy settings are preventing the Mail app from accessing your email. Edit your settings, update the app and check the results. If the issue persists, reset your Mail and Calendar app, and use the SFC and DISM commands to scan and repair your system files.
Hit the comments below and let us know if you’re still experiencing the same error. By the way, which method did the trick for you?