Are you trying to log in to your Facebook account, but nothing happens when you hit the Log In button? Or maybe you decided to log back in after a 30-day Facebook detox challenge, and you forgot your password.
Well, if you can’t log in to Facebook, we got this handy guide ready for you. Follow the steps listed below to quickly reconnect to your Facebook friends.
Note: First of all, check if Facebook is down. Maybe the service is affected by some temporary log in issues.
How to Fix Facebook Login Problems
Check Your Spelling
Oftentimes, login problems are due to typos. So, make sure there’s no typo in your username or password. Check your keyboard language settings. If you often switch between different keyboard settings, maybe that’s why you can’t log in.
Check Your Browser
If the log in issue occurs only when you try to connect to Facebook via a web browser, this indicates your browser is the culprit.
Here’s what you can do to fix it:
- Get the latest browser version.
- Clear the cache. For Chrome, see How to Clear the Cache in Google Chrome.
- Use Incognito Mode. For more information on private browsing, see Is Incognito Mode Really Secure?
- Temporarily switch to a different browser.
Check the Facebook App
On the other hand, if you can’t log in to Facebook using the stand-alone app on your phone, try updating the app. Clearing the cache may also help. As a last resort, you can uninstall and reinstall the app.
Recover Your Account
- Go to facebook.com/login/identify.
- Enter the email or phone number you used when you first registered with Facebook.
- Then hit the Search button.
- If Facebook finds an active account associated with that email or phone number, you’ll be asked to reset your password. After that, you can choose to log in to Google or get the key via email.
- Hit the Continue button.
- If you chose to get the reset key via email, check your inbox.
- Enter the security code.
- Then, you’ll be asked to enter a new password. Make sure to use a strong password (add special characters and numbers).
- Next, click Submit, and you’ll be automatically logged in to your Facebook account.
How to Recover a Facebook Account Using Another User’s Account
- Ask a friend or a family member to go to your Facebook profile.
- Then, they need to click on the three-dot menu under the cover photo.
- Ask them to select Find support or report profile.
- Next, they need to select Something Else.
- The Recover this account option should then be visible.
- All they need to do is follow the on-screen steps to help you recover your account.
If Your Facebook Account Was Hacked
Another reason why you can’t log in to Facebook is that your account has been hacked. Most likely, the hackers changed your email and password.
If you suspect your account has been hacked, go to facebook.com/hacked and follow the on-screen instructions to recover your account.