Ah, presentations. They’re often a necessity for work and school, but let’s be honest — they can also be quite infuriating to put together.
- How to Increase the Transparency of an Image in Google Slides
- How to Print Slides With Notes
- Google Docs: How to Add, Hide, or Remove Comments
- How to Use Google Docs Pageless for Focus
- What to Do When Google Drive Won’t Work
Sharing and collaborating with other on your presentations is simple and efficient, which is what many people need when working on a project. But one thing that is not quite intuitive to do within Slides is to highlight text with color. Here’s how it’s done.
Highlighting Text From Google Slides on Desktop
- The first thing you should do is choose the slide within your presentation that holds text you need to highlight. With that particular slide open, use your cursor to select text as you did in Google Docs.
- Again — just like in Docs — click on the little pencil icon at the top and choose your color. Once you have done so, click outside of your slide and the color has been applied.
Highlight Text Using Android or iOS
What if you do not have your computer or laptop around but still need to highlight some text to finish or continue working on a collaboration? Easy peasy! Grab your smartphone.
First and foremost, you’ll need to download the Google Slides app from Google Play or the App Store. You should then sign into your Google account.
Once you’ve done both of the above,
open up your presentation and let’s DO this:
- Tap on the slide where you want to edit the text. Select Edit slide.
- Click on the text box in your slide.
- At the top of your screen, click on the capital letter A with the line beneath it.
- Under the Text tab, scroll down and choose Highlight color. Then, choose the color you want to highlight your text in.
- Tap anywhere on your screen.
- Select the tick button in the top left-hand corner to save your changes.
It’s Easy to Highlight Text in Google Slides
Congrats — you’ve now highlighted the text in Google Slides! As you’ll see when you begin editing your presentations, there are several things you can do from this same screen to jazz up your individual Slides and entire presentation. Have fun exploring and remember that you can easily undo everything you try!
If you’ve got any other things that you’d like us to cover with Google Slides, feel free to drop a comment and we’ll see what we can do.