A reset may become necessary if your Apple iPhone X or iPhone 8 becomes locked up or frozen and isn’t responding. Here’s how to perform both a soft or hard reset.
- Press and hold the “Power” button until a red slider appears.
- Drag the slider on the screen.
- Press and hold the “Power“ button until the Apple logo appears.
- Quick press “Volume Up“.
- Quick press “Volume Down“.
- Hold Sleep“/”Wake” button until the Apple logo appears.
- If the above steps do not work, press and hold the “Sleep“/”Wake” button and the “Volume Down“ button simultaneously for about 10 to 20 seconds. Hopefully, the Apple logo will appear and the iPhone will finally turn restart.
The above steps should not erase any data from the device under normal conditions, but if the device is corrupted you may lose some settings or data.
Mickey Ray says
I have a I phone 10 it’s about 18 months old. The screen is locking up every now and then.
This is only getting worse. Lately it locks right after reset hard reset and power off doesn’t matter.
I have small hands that makes things complicated