Blocking specific email addresses and domains are essential to controlling the amount of junk mail you get in Microsoft Outlook 2016 or 2013. You can add email addresses and domains to the block list by using the following steps.
- Select the “Home” menu, then select “Junk” > “Junk E-mail Options“.
- Select the “Blocked Senders” tab.
- Choose “Add…“.
- In the “Enter an e-mail address or Internet domain name to be added to the list” box, enter the name or address that you want to add. You can add entire domains or just an email address as follows:
- [email protected]
- Select “OK” when you are done.
This option works if you wish to block a single email address.
- Right-click on an email message that was received from the email address you wish to block.
- Select “Junk” > “Block Sender“.
The email address is instantly added to your block list.
I have performed these steps but it doesn’t work for me. Why isn’t Outlook blocking the messages?
Open the “Junk E-mail Options” screen and check under the “Safe Senders” tab to ensure the email address isn’t listed there. If an email address you wish to block is listed in your Contacts, uncheck the “Also trust e-mail from my Contacts” box on this screen.