So you want to connect your Amazon Kindle Fire tablet to your TV? You should probably know that many of the Kindle Fire devices are not compatible with display mirroring.
Check on your Kindle Fire. under “Settings” > “Display“. If you do not see the Display Mirroring option, your device does not support display mirroring.
If you do have the “Display Mirroring” option, you can connect your fire using the methods below.
Option 1 – Connect Via Fire TV
For Fire tablets running Fire OS 2.0 or greater (HDX, HD8, HD10, etc.)
Note: Fire HDX 8.9 (4th Generation), Fire HD 8 (5th Generation) and Fire HD 10 (5th Generation) are compatible with display mirroring only on Amazon Fire TV.
- Obtain a Amazon Fire TV box or Amazon Fire TV Stick if you don’t have one already.
- Ensure the Fire TV device and your Fire tablet are connected to the same wireless network, have Internet access, and are registered with the same Amazon username.
- Connect a standard HDMI cable between the Fire TV device and the HDMI port on the TV.
- On the Fire TV device, go to “Settings” > “Display & Sounds” and turn “Second Screen Notifications” to “On“.
- From the Fire tablet, find a video or photo album you wish to display, then use the screen icon to display it on the TV.
Some Fire models may have an option for “Display Mirroring” under “Settings” > “Display“.
Option 2 – HDMI Adapter
For Fire Models HD Kids, HDX 8.9, HD7, HD10, HD8, & HD6
- Obtain an HDMI Adapter for Kindle Fire if you don’t have one already.
- Connect a standard HDMI cable between the HDMI adapter and the HDMI port your TV.
- Connect the micro USB connector on the HDMI adapter to the Kindle Fire.
- Connect the power cable to your phone to the adapter and ensure it is plugged into a wall outlet.
Option 3 – Miracast
For HDX Model Only
- Obtain a device that supports Miracast, such as a Miracast Video Adapter.
- Connect the item you have purchased to the HDMI port on the TV and ensure it is on the same wireless network as your Kindle Fire HDX.
- From the Kindle Fire, select “Settings” > “Sounds” > “Display Mirroring“.
- Select “Connect” for the device you wish to connect with. After about 15 seconds, videos should be mirrored to your TV.
Option 4 – HDMI Port
For 2012 HD model Only
If you wish to connect your Kindle Fire HD to a TV, all you need is a standard Micro HDMI to Standard HDMI cable. Just connect the cable between your device and an available HDMI port on your TV, and you’re ready to enjoy watching any content on your Kindle Fire HD on your TV. The connection will even provide audio.
Be aware that the HDMI connection will only work for those of you with newer high-definition TV sets. If you want to connect your Kindle Fire to an older, analog TV, you’ll need additional equipment. You’ll need a box to convert the signal from digital to analog to make it compatible with the 3 RCA jacks on the back of the TV in addition to the Micro HDMI to Standard HDMI cable.