This cross-platform app can be used across Android and macOS to send a message with ease. WhatsApp is one of the first cross-platform applications to support animated stickers. Follow these steps to use animated stickers on WhatsApp for desktop.
Animated Stickers on Desktop WhatsApp
WhatsApp, at its core, is a mobile application. At first, if desktop users wanted to access the application from their computers, the user had to go to web.whatsapp.com then pair it with their phone via QR code. Recently, however, developers made a proper standalone desktop application for WhatsApp.
Both the mobile and desktop versions work pretty much the same.
If you decided to use the desktop version, please download the app from here, then install it on your desktop before proceeding.
The WhatsApp desktop version doesn’t automatically support animated stickers. So, you have to download it from the mobile version. The desktop version will automatically recognize the download and let you use the animated stickers.
- Open up WhatsApp on your Android or iOS phone.
- On the text bar, tap the smiley icon.
- On the bottom-most tab, tap the stickers icon located on the rightmost side.
- Tap the plus icon on the rightmost side, just below the big send button.
- Choose and download your desired stickers. Animated stickers will have a small ‘play’ icon on top of the download button.
- On your mobile device, tap Settings on the top right corner, then tap Web WhatsApp.
- Tap the plus icon on the top right corner to activate scan QR mode.
- Go to web.whatsapp.com or WhatsApp desktop application, then scan the QR code with your phone.
Create Your Stickers!
Not only can you use preloaded stickers on WhatsApp, but you can also create your own stickers to use. That’s right. Now you can impress your friends by turning your beloved cat, your favorite mug, or their beautiful face to a sticker. Here’s how to do it.
- Download Sticker.ly from Google PlayStore, then open it.
- Tap on the big plus button located on the bottom middle.
- Select the photo you want to turn into a sticker.
- Edit the photo to your heart’s content.
- Name your sticker.
- Tap on your sticker, then tap “Add to WhatsApp.”
There you go! Your customized sticker is ready. What are you waiting for? Send it to your friends!
A good conversation is a meaningful and expressive exchange of information. The WhatsApp animated sticker allows you to engage in these conversations, better avoiding misunderstandings, and spicing up the atmosphere of your messages.
Though WhatsApp now has a standalone desktop app, you still need to download animated stickers from your mobile WhatsApp first. But then, after that, the animated sticker world is your oyster!