Learn how to soft reset your HTC U11 if it is not responding to commands, or hard reset the device to set it back to factory default settings.
A soft reset will simply reset your device in the event that it has become frozen or non-responsive. It will not erase data from the device.
- Press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Power” button simultaneously until the device powers off. Once powered off, press and hold “Power” for 3 seconds to turn the device back on.
Hard Reset From Settings
A hard reset will wipe all data from the device and set everything back to factory settings. Ensure you have backed up your data before proceeding.
- Open “Settings“.
- Choose “Backup & reset“.
- Select “Factory data reset“.
- Tap “Reset Phone“.
- Tap “Erase everything“.
Hard Reset From Startup
- Turn the phone off by pressing and holding the “Power” button for 3 seconds, then selecting “Power off“.
- Press and hold the “Volume Down” button and press release the “Power” button to turn the U11 on.
- When the HTC logo appears, release both buttons.
- Press “Volume Down” to select “Factory Reset“, then press the “Power” button to choose it.
The device will then restart and the hard reset will be complete.