So, you can’t buy music on your Apple iPhone or iPad because the iTunes Store icon is missing? Here are some things you can check to see what happened to it.
1. Check Folders and Other Screens
Flick your finger left or right to switch between Home screens and see if you accidentally moved it to another screen. Also be sure to check to see if it was placed in a folder on one of the screens
- from the Home screen, swipe all the way over to the left to reveal the search box.
- In the “Search” box type “iTunes“. The icon should be revealed.
Sometimes the iTunes app gets disabled accidentally in the Restrictions section. Check under “Settings” > “General” > “Restrictions“. Make sure” iTunes Store” is set to “On“.
Note: If you don’t know the password to access Restrictions, ask anybody who has handled the device. It commonly gets set by other family members and children.
4. Restore Home Screen to Default
Are you done searching and will do anything to get your iTunes icon back? Try to reset the Home screen under “Settings” > “General” > “Reset Home Screen Layout“.
5. Scorched Earth
If none of the above works.you may want to try a Restore. To do so, perform these steps:
- Connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Select your device.
- Select “Summary“ > “Restore“.
Hopefully after trying these steps, your icon is back.