If you have an Apple iPhone or iPad app that is crashing when you start it or while you are using it, the app may contain corrupt data or you may not have the latest version of the app. Here are the steps to take if you encounter this issue.
Fix 1 – Delete App from Usage Screen
Try removing the app from the Usage screen. Removing the app using these steps will ensure the data gets cleared from the app. You may lose data within the app by doing this.
- From the Home screen, open “Settings“.
- Select “General“.
- Tap “Storage & iCloud Usage” or “Usage“.
- Tap ” Manage Storage“.
- Select the troubling app.
- Select “Delete App“.
- Confirm your selecting by selecting “Delete App” again.
- From the Home screen, open the “App Store“
- Search for the app, then re-install it.
Fix 2 – Check for Updates to Your App
- From the Home screen, open the “App Store“.
- Select “Updates” in the bottom right corner.
- See if the app you are having trouble with is listed with an “Update” button. If it is, tap the “Update” button and see if that resolves your issue.
Hopefully the issue with your iOS app crashing is now resolved. Please share your experience in the Comments section.