One of the best features of Steam is the ability to install a game on one computer and stream it to another. It comes in handy if you want to play a game that uses many resources from a less powerful computer such as a laptop.
Not only can you use the Steam streaming feature for games purchased from the Steam store, but you can also stream non-Steam games from Origin such as Sims 4 and SimCity. Just follow these steps.
- Download and install Steam on both the client and host computers.
- Open Steam on the host computer.
- Select to view “Library“.
- Select the “ADD A GAME” menu at the lower-left portion of the window, then choose “Add a Non-Steam Game…“.
- Choose the Origin game from the list, then select “Add Selected Programs“.
- From the computer where the Origin game is installed, open Origin.
- Go to the “Origin” menu, and select “Application Settings“.
- Select “Origin In Game” in the left pane.
- Uncheck the “Enable Origin in Game” check box.
- Select “Advanced” in the left pane.
- Check the “Automatically exit Origin after closing a game” option, then close Origin.
- From the client computer, launch Steam.
- Select your game, then choose the “Stream” button.
The game should now launch and stream from your computer over the network.
I hope this guide has helped you add non-Steam games offered by Origin to your Steam library. Feel free to leave a comment below.