Don’t know How to hide Facebook friend list from others? Find out all the easy methods for Android, iPhone, and web app.
Even in 2023, Facebook is the top social media platform. Here, you can be friends with both acquaintances and strangers.
As a Facebook user, you must have seen that it offers a feature named Friend List, where Facebook lists all the people who are your Facebook friends.
For you, this list is a great way to see who are your Facebook friends at a glance. It also helps you find out easily if someone unfriended you.
When you open a Facebook account, this feature is visible to everyone. It means people who aren’t your friends can also see your friend list.
These days, privacy has become a major concern to Facebook users. As a user, you must always follow the basic security measures to ensure the privacy of you and your friends.
One essential step could be hiding your friend list from your friends. Thus, you can save your friends from various unpleasant situations.
Read on to know how to hide Facebook friend list from others. This blog contains the complete step-by-step guides so that you can easily perform the methods.
Things You Need to Know About Facebook Friend List
- By default, anyone can see your Facebook friend list.
- Various visibility options are available for your friend list. You can make it visible to your trusted friends and hide it from those whom you can’t trust wholeheartedly.
- Even if you change the friend list visibility to Only me, people can see if you have any mutual friends with them.
How to Hide Facebook Friend List on Web From Profile
If you’re using Facebook from your web browser, you can hide your Facebook friend list in two different ways.
The first one is from your Facebook profile. For that, these are the steps you need to perform:
- Open Facebook and click on your name/ profile picture on the left.
- Your Facebook profile page will open.
- From the Menu under your profile picture, select Friends.
- Your friend list will open.
- Click on the three-dots button beside the Find Friends option.
- Click on Edit Privacy.
- There will be the option Friends list — Who can see your Friends list.
- Click on Public button beside that option. It is the default option set by Facebook.
- To hide your Facebook friend list from everyone, select Only me radio button.
- To hide it from some friends, choose Friends except… option and select the names of your friends from who you want to hide the friend list.
- To hide it from all friends except a few chosen ones, select Specific friends and add their names.
- Click on Done. The preference will be applied immediately.
How to Hide Facebook Friend List on Web From Settings
Facebook web users can also try this method to hide their friend list from others. These steps are also simple:
- Open Facebook and click on your profile picture in the top-right corner.
- There, choose Settings and Privacy option, and then click on Facebook Settings.
- Choose Privacy from the left panel.
- Do you see the “How people can find and contact you” section?
- In this section, you must also find the “Who can see your friend list” option.
- Click Edit beside this option.
- Click on the Public button to see various options.
- A drop down list will show up. There, you can choose Only me.
- Choose Friends except… to hide it from some friends.
- Select Specific friends to make it visible to some friends.
- When done, click on Close.
- The changes you’ve made will be applied immediately.
How to Hide Facebook Friend List From Others on Android
Do you use Facebook app on Android? If yes, check how to hide Facebook friend list from others:
- Open the Facebook app.
- Now, tap the three horizontal line icon or the hamburger icon located in the top right corner.
- Then, you must tap the cogwheel or gear icon on the right side.
- The Settings page will open.
- Within the Settings page, look for “Audience and visibility” section.
- Do you now see “How people can find and contact you”? Click on it.
- Choose “Who can see your friend list” to get the options.
- Select Only me to ensure you can see your friend list.
- Selecting Friends except… will hide the list from some friends you will choose.
- You can even choose Specific friends. This option means only the selected friends can view your friend list.
- After you select any option, it will get applied immediately.
How to Hide Facebook Friend List From Others on Facebook Lite
Facebook Lite is a useful app for people living in areas with low bandwidth or poor internet coverage.
If you use Facebook Lite, you must try the following steps to hide the friend list:
- Open the Facebook Lite app on your Android phone.
- Tap on the hamburger menu in the top-right corner.
- Select Settings & Privacy and click on Settings.
- Under the “Audience and visibility” section, click on “How people can find and contact you“.
- Select the “Who can see your friend list” option.
- To hide the list from everyone else, choose Only me.
- You can also select Friends except… to hide the friend list from some of your friends.
- Another useful option is Specific friends. It lets you share your friend list with only a handful of friends.
- Exit the app, and changes will get applied.
How to Hide Facebook Friend List From Others on iPhone
iPhone users can also hide their Facebook friend list using the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Facebook app.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines (hamburger menu) at the bottom-right corner.
- Click on the Gear icon beside the Search icon (magnifying glass).
- On the Settings page, scroll down to “Audience and visibility”.
- Click on “How people can find and contact you”.
- Now, select “Who can see your friend list” for multiple visibility options.
- To hide your Facebook friend list from everyone, select the Only me option.
- Or, click on the Friends except… option to hide the list from certain friends.
- You can even select Specific friends to make only the selected friends see the list.
- As soon as you complete the selection, it’ll be applied.
You may not want the whole world to see who belongs to Facebook friend list, and any reason for it is justifiable.
Here, I’ve discussed how to hide Facebook friend list from others on Android, iPhone, and the web.
I’ve personally verified all methods so you can use them in 2023 without any confusion.
So, what are you waiting for? Share this post with your friends and followers on social media.
For any issues, you can share them in the comments.