Tired of your Google Pixel 3 smartphone correcting everything you type? You can enable or disable this functionality with these steps.
- From the Home screen, slide the apps up and open “Settings“.
- Select “System“.
- Choose “Languages & input“.
- Select “Virtual keyboard“.
- Select the keyboard you use. By default, it should be “Google keyboard“.
- Select “Text correction“.
- Turn “Auto-correction” to “On” or “Off” as desired. This setting controls whether a word is corrected or not after you type a space or punctuation.
Additionally, you can turn “Auto capitalization” and other text correction settings on or off as desired.
Thank you. Mine was turned on, but it’s still not capitalizing the first word of a sentence.
B Smith says
Thanks, fixed although I do not have Virtual Keyboard. Instead I have On-screen keyboard followed by Gboard which then takes to me to a list which includes Text correction. This 74 year old brain is still working – with your help!
Thank you, this helped me a lot.
Gladys ngaleu says
thanks you for a process