Error code 0x8019019a usually pops up on Windows 10 when you’re trying to set up your Yahoo Mail account in the Mail App. But it can also occur when you’re updating your Yahoo account after changing your password. Oftentimes, this error prevents you from logging in to your email account. If you’re looking for a solution to fix this error, pursue the troubleshooting steps below.
How Do I Fix Yahoo Mail Error 0x8019019a on Windows 10?
Delete Your Yahoo Account
Let’s start off by removing your Yahoo account from the Mail App.
- Launch the Mail App and click on More options (the three lines).
- Select Settings and go to Manage accounts.
- Delete your Yahoo account, and close the app.
- Right-click on your desktop, and hit the Refresh option.
- Then launch the Mail App, go back to Manage accounts, and add your Yahoo account again. Check if the issue is gone.
Reinstall Mail App
Many users confirmed that uninstalling and reinstall the Mail App did the trick for them.
- Go to Settings, click on Apps and go to Apps and features.
- Locate the Mail App in the list of the apps installed on your device and hit the Uninstall button.
- Restart your computer and go to the Microsoft Store.
- Download and reinstall the Mail App.
Generate a New App Password
Other users solved the problem by generating a new Yahoo app password. Use that password when setting up the Yahoo account in Outlook.
- Launch your web browser, navigate to www.login.yahoo.com.
- Then click on your name, and select Account info to edit your Yahoo account settings.
- Navigate to Account Security and select Manage app passwords at the bottom of the page.
- Use the drop-down menu and select Other app.
- Hit the Generate button to generate a new 16-character password.
- Copy the new Yahoo password to your clipboard.
- Launch the Mail App, go to Settings, and select Manage accounts.
- Hit the Add account button but don’t select Yahoo. Instead, click on Other.
- Enter your Yahoo email address and paste the new password. Check if the issue is gone.
Disable Background Apps
Close all the apps running in the background to make sure they’re not interfering with the Mail App. Launch the Task Manager, click on the Processes tab, and right-click on the program you want to close. Hit the End task option. Launch the Mail App again and check if the annoying error code 0x8019019a persists.
Reset Your Mail App
If the error persists, try resetting your Mail App.
- Go to Settings, select Apps, go to Apps and Features.
- Click on the Mail App and select Advanced Options.
- Scroll down to Reset and hit the Reset button.
- Restart the app and check the results.
To fix Yahoo Mail error code 0x8019019a on your Windows 10 Mail App, delete your Yahoo account from the Mail App. Restart the app and re-add the account. If the issue persists, generate a new Yahoo app password and use it to set up the Yahoo account in the Mail App. Did these solutions help you get rid of error code 0x8019019a? Let us know in the comments below.
Mel Droegemeier says
Hi, I was able to add Yahoo to my windows Mail finally by enabling Popups… tried over several days to do it and gave up, intending to link Yahoo to my Gmail – when I tried and it failed Gmail (google) suggested allowing popups in setting – Privacy… as soon as I did I could add Yahoo as an account to windows Mail. As simple as that…
Had same problem adding Yahoo as an account in my iphone 6s and ran into an article to turn on “screentime” and check to allow Mail. Voila, was able to add Yahoo as an account and see it’s mail… Guess “screentime” is iphone’s version os popup blocker/allower?
I left Yahoo mail open in a Google tab and re-added Yahoo mail to Window’s 10 mail and it worked….so weird.
Its hard to believe in 2022 this kind of problems still exist in Windows, and thank you Madalina Dinita for the FIX…
I tried all the above and nothing worked. I ended up logging into my yahoo mail through the web browser and leaving it open. Then went to setting on my computer to where you can add your e-mail accounts. It let me add it this time. Don’t know why it worked, just glad it did.
N L Kolacz says
Yes this helped!!!! :-) Thank you!!!! Deleted account and re-added. Worked like a charm!
Scott M says
No I have uninstalled and re installed, I have gone in and hit the reset and then restarted the computer etc… I have my yahoo back and showing but it is not receiving mail. I can access the account from my home computer with the windows 10 but for some reason my office machine lost this ability last Saturday and I cannot get my Yahoo mail to work any longer. No that the email request below will not take you to a working email site. Ha
what i don’t understand is WHY this happen? didn’t have the problem before, what did you all do that caused it? fix it, I need my email to work, come on you are the problem, not us. AND YOU WANT MY EMAIL, THAT DOESN’T WORK!!!!!!! REALLY!!!!! and yet, i have email on my tablet, and my wife laptop. they are working, also she has windows 10. So why is there a problem on this desk top?
This fix works for a few weeks, but then the problem re-occurs.
Can’t Microsoft or Yahoo fix this abnormal problem?
Robert Koorse, MD says
Yes, it works, but why does it repeatedly happen? Seems ridiculous, they know about it, why doesn’t yahoo make changes so that all we need to do is update passowrd?
Thanks, after battling all day with updates and downloading so called help that at the last minute tried to get me to subscribe it is great to get honest easy help. Fixed in less than a minute after a day of hell. thank you again..
Thank you so much! I had tried everything except uninstalling and reinstalling the Mail and Calendar. You, my friend, are a life-saver. Thank you for sharing your fixes!
THANK YOU! I am SO thankful for people like you, who help out us technologically-challenged people so that our computers work again! Deleting and reinstalling my Yahoo account worked like a charm, after months of not being able to get it to work!