So you want to do rounded corners using Paint.NET? You must learn how. I mean your web site would be so not in style without images with rounded corners! I’m going to show you the easiest method with these steps.
Here we have a nice picture of downtown Chicago. I want to give it rounded corners.
- First I want to add a new layer by selecting “Layers” > “Add New Layer“.
- Now select “Tool” > “Rounded Rectangle“.
- Select a color that is not used in your photo. In this example, I chose bright green.
- In the upper left corner, select “Draw Filled Shape“.
- Draw the rounded rectangle over the area you would like to keep for your rounded corners image.
- Use the Magic Wand to select the area of the rounded rectangle.
- Select “Edit” > “Invert Selection“.
- Now the area outside of the rounded square will be selected.
- Select “Layers” > “Delete Layer” to delete the layer we made our rounded square on.
- The area outside of the rounded square will still be selected.
- Simply press “Delete” on your keyboard and you are left with your image, now with rounded corners.
If you have trouble where the lines are jagged, you may have better results using a different color in step 8.
How did this tutorial work for you? Drop me a comment below and let me know.