You can connect your Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone to your TV and watch videos on a bigger screen. Just follow these steps.
Option 1 – Miracast Adapter
- Obtain a Miracast Adapter like this one and plug it into the HDMI port on your TV and a power source.
- On the S8, swipe down the quick menu by swiping with 2 fingers from the top of the screen down.
- Swipe left, then choose “Smart View“.
- Select the Miracast device in the list, and you’re mirroring to the TV.
Option 2 – Roku or Fire TV
- Purchase a Roku or Fire TV device.
- Enable mirroring.
- Roku – “Settings” > “Advanced” > “Mirroring“
- Fire TV – “Home” > “Mirroring“.
- Apps like Netflix and YouTube will now have a “Cast” button within the app that you can use to send the video to the Chromecast and TV. If you want to mirror everything on the device, swipe down the quick menu from the top of the screen, swipe left, then choose “Smart View“.
Option 3 – ChromeCast
- If you do not have a smart TV that supports Chromecast, you can acquire a
Google Chromecast Adapter and connect it to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Ensure the Chromecast and Galaxy S8 are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the Google Home app on the Galaxy S8.
- Follow the wizard to setup your device with your TV.
- Apps like Netflix and YouTube will now have a “Cast” button within the app that you can use to send the video to the Chromecast and TV. If you want to mirror everything on the device, open the Google Home app, select , then choose “Cast screen / audio“
Option 4 – Wired Connection
This option will provide the best frame rate.
- Connect a Samsung USB-C to HDMI Adapter to the USB port on your phone.
- Connect a standard HDMI cable between the adapter and TV, and you’re ready to run.
Does the Galaxy S8 support an MHL cable connection?
Unlike many Samsung Galaxy predecessors, the Galaxy S8 does not support an MHL cable connection.