Apple TV users may encounter the following error when trying to make a purchase from their device:
Verification required – Before you can make purchases, you must go to the iTunes store on your computer and verify your payment information.
You can usually solve this problem with these steps:
- From any computer, open a web browser visit the Apple Store.
- Select the person icon located toward the upper-right corner of the screen, then select “View Account“.
- In the “Account Settings” area, select “Change your default shipping or billing info“.
- Type your Apple Store username and password.
- Select the “Edit” button next to the “Payment Information” area.
- Re-enter your credit card information and be sure to include your “Security Code“.
- Select “Save“.
Try to purchase an item from your Apple TV.
- Open iTunes from any computer.
- Select “iTunes Store“.
- Select your account name in the upper-right corner, then choose “Account Info“.
- Sign into your Apple account if prompted.
- Select the “Edit” button next to “Payment Type“.
- Re-enter your credit card information. Be sure to enter a “Security Code“. Select “Done“.
Attempt to purchase an item from the Apple TV.
Note: Some users have reported that making a purchase from the iTunes Store fixes this problem. If these steps don’t work, try to purchase any song for 69 cents. You may be prompted to enter your payment information. Once completed, the problem should be resolved.