You can connect your Samsung Galaxy S6 smartphone to your TV and watch videos on a bigger screen. Just follow these steps.
Option 1 – Miracast or BLE
This option supports mirroring the display of your device.
- If you do not have a smart TV that supports Miracast or Samsung’s Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) feature, purchase one of the following items, and connect it to an available HDMI port on your TV.
- Ensure your TV or device is setup and ready to receive video.
- Register your TV from the Galaxy S6 by swiping down the notification bar at the top of the screen and selecting “Quick Connect” > “Register TV“.
If you have a TV that supports BLE, you can stream your TV to your device by swiping down the notification bar, selecting the”Quick Connect“, choose the TV, then select “TV to mobile device“.
Option 2 – Chromecast
At the time of this writing, Chromecast does not support mirroring. Though it is planned for the future. You can only use certain apps with Chromecast.
- If you do not have a smart TV that supports Chromecast, and connect it to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Ensure the Chromecast and Galaxy S6 are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the Chromecast app on the Galaxy S6.
- Follow the wizard to setup your device with your TV.
- Open an app that supports Chromecast, then choose the “Cast” button from within the app.
Does the Galaxy S6 support an MHL cable connection?
Unlike it’s predecessors, the Galaxy S6 does not support an MHL cable connection.
What about AllShare support?
AllShare has been replaced with a feature called Samsung Link. You can find out more about it here.
If you have any questions or find discrepancies with this post, please share in the comments section below.