Garmin has been manufacturing and supplying one of the best wearable GPS technologies. Their recent innovations in the activity tracker and smartwatch area has put them in direct competition with developers like Apple and Fitbit. Not only do they continue to come up with exciting new products for aviation, marine, and outdoor sport activities, they also keep improving their existing line-up.
The Venu line-up of GPS watches is crammed full of useful functionality. Because their watches are most popular with health conscious people, the ability to connect with your Spotify account is one of its most attractive features. Who wouldn’t want to listen to their favorite playlists while giving their muscles a workout? In this article, let’s find out how we can connect out Venu to our Spotify. It is very easy, just pay attention!
1. The first thing that you need (besides the watch and a Spotify account – duh!) is the Garmin Connect App. Your watch must be paired to your smartphone through this app. It is free to download for both Android and iOS platforms.
2. Set-up a Wi-Fi connection on your watch. This can be done from the app you just downloaded or Garmin Express, a desktop application. Remember, you can add maximum of seven Wi-Fi networks to your device.
3. Keep your Spotify ID and password handy. Done? Good. You have all it takes for the task ahead.
Setting Up the Wi-Fi on the Watch
- Open the Garmin App on your phone
- Select the platform – iOS or Android
- Select Garmin Devices
- Select General
- Select Wi-Fi Networks
- Select Add A Network. This will open up the list of networks.
- Select the Network you want to connect to.
- Tap on Connect in the pop up window.
- Tap OK.
How Does It Work?
- Venu is pre-loaded with the Spotify app, so just swap your screen to reach the Music Widget.
- Press and Hold the bottom right button. (Note: The placement of button might vary depending on the model you have)
- Step 2 will display a list of Music Providers. The Venu comes pre-loaded with other music apps like Deezer as well, so you’ll have to select the Spotify option.
- Now your watch says “Open Garmin Connect Mobile on your phone to log into Spotify”
- Look at your smartphone: there is a window waiting there which says “Spotify needs you to sign in”. In case you are already signed in to your Spotify account on your phone, you just have to press “Sign in”. Otherwise, remember we asked you to keep your Spotify account details handy? Now is the time to use them.
- “Agree” to the terms as prompted after reviewing them.
- Your watch is now connected!
Marina B says
Same as Summer!
My Spotify app did not work on my watch so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it (I tried Garmin Express and Garmin Connect IQ and Garmin Connect)… by all accounts/apps it shows that I have it downloaded but nothing I have tried has resulted in getting the spotify app back on my watch, it’s just a blank play/pause/skip music screen when I click the music icon. So incredibly frustrating. This article didn’t help me at all!
Can someone please help with Spotify download? This was the only reason I got this watch…
My Spotify continues to run after I have finished with it and it drains my watch battery. I can’t figure out how to “close” the app on my watch, can only seem to pause my music rather than closing it completely. HELP!?
My Spotify app did not work on my watch so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it (I tried Garmin Express and Garmin Connect IQ and Garmin Connect)… by all accounts/apps it shows that I have it downloaded but nothing I have tried has resulted in getting the spotify app back on my watch, it’s just a blank play/pause/skip music screen when I click the music icon. So incredibly frustrating. This article didn’t help me at all.
Tracy Powers says
I cannot download songs onto my watch