The only reason you ever want to reset your Redmi Note 8 or Redmi Note 8 Pro is if your phone is experiencing malfunctions like freezing, not responding properly, insufficient storage available, or forgot lock screen buttons. Doing a reset on your phone will return it to the original factory state as when you first got your phone. Below are the steps to manually reset your phone or perform the reset by using buttons on the phone itself.
Before You Reset
Before you reset your phone you need to do a few things first. Please make sure you back up all of your important data. If you do not you will lose all of your contacts, photos, documents, and much more. A factory reset wipes all data from your phone.
You also need to remove all Google accounts that may be on your phone. If you do not you will run into problems with Google’s Factory Reset Protection when you try and sign back into your account on the same phone.
You may want to consider encrypting your data before resetting your phone. If you do this you will avoid leaking your personal information to the wrong people. Once you have done all of these things you can proceed with the reset.
Reset Your Phone Through Settings
Resetting your phone through the Settings is the easiest way to perform a factory reset on your phone.
- Click on Settings on your phone.
- Tap Additional Settings.
- Then tap Backup and reset.
- Tap Reset Phone and wait for about 10 seconds.
- Tap on next and wait for a moment again.
- A prompt will come up asking you to confirm the reset. Tap Ok.
- All done! You have successfully reset your phone.
Reset your Phone Using Buttons
Resetting your phone via the Settings is the best option. But sometimes, you need to reset your phone using the actual keys on the phone. This is in the event that you are unable to get to the Settings.
- Turn of your Redmi Note 8 or Redmi Note 8 Pro. If you cannot turn off your phone by pressing the power button you will need to wait until your phone runs out of battery and then charge it for about 30 minutes before you can reset your phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Power button simultaneously for a few seconds. Release the buttons when you see the Xiaomi Mi logo.
- Your phone has entered the recovery mode. Pick the main language you want for your phone.
- Your phone will go into the stock recovery mode.
- Use the volume keys to go up and down the menu that comes up. Select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option. Press the Power button to confirm the action.
- You will then need to select Yes, Delete All User Data. Press the Power button to continue.
- When that is complete select Reset System Now and press the Power button.
- After a few minutes, your phone will restart to complete the reset. Once your phone has turned on again you can begin restoring your data and putting apps back onto your phone.
Doing a hard reset on your phone is easy to do. You can do it through the Settings or by using the actual buttons on your phone. Resetting your Redmi Note 8 or Redmi Note 8 Pro does not harm the phone, but it will erase your data. Remember to back up everything before you do a reset. If doing a hard reset does not fix the issue on your phone you should consider taking it to a professional for help.