Perform a soft or hard reset on your Asus Transformer Pad Android tablet if it is not functioning correctly. Here’s how.
You would want to soft reset the device in the event that it has become frozen or unresponsive. To do so, press and hold the Power button on the device for about 10 seconds until the device powers off.
A hard reset (also known as a factory reset) will clear all data and settings from the memory of the device and set it back to factory default settings. You can perform hard reset on the Asus Transformer Pad using the Android OS menus or the hardware buttons.
- Power the Eee Pad off.
- Press and hold the “Volume Down” button on the left side of the device, then press and hold the “Power” button.
- Continue to hold both buttons until a green Android screen appears.
- Use the volume buttons to toggle the setting to “RECOVERY MODE“. Press the “Power” button to make the selection.
- A screen that says “No command” should appear. Press and hold both “Volume Up” and “Power” for about 2 seconds. If you did it right, a new menu should appear.
- The Asus Transformer Pad will complete the hard reset process and reboot into a factory default state.
- Use the volume buttons to toggle the setting to “wipe data/factory reset“. Press the “Power” button to make the selection.
- Use the volume buttons to toggle the setting to “Yes -- delete all user data“. Press the “Power” button to make the selection.
The hard reset will start. When finished, you will be prompted to reboot.
- Open the “Settings” app.
- Select “Backup & reset“.
- Choose “Factory data reset“.
- Select “Factory data reset“.