If you are experiencing problems with your Moto G5 Plus, resetting the smartphone might solve your problems. Here’s how to soft and hard reset the Moto G5.
These steps just restart a frozen or non-responding phone. No data is erased.
- Press and hold the “Volume Down + Power” buttons until the device shuts off. You should then be able to restart it.
A hard reset will erase all data and settings from the phone.
- Power the phone completely off.
- Press and hold the “Volume Down” and the “Power” buttons simultaneously. Release both buttons when you see the menu appears.
- Use the “Volume Down” button to toggle the selection on the menu to “Recovery mode“.
- Press the “Power” button to choose the “Recovery mode” selection.
- A screen should appear with the Android robot. While on this screen hold down the “Power” button while pressing and releasing the “Volume Up” button.
- Continue to hold “Power” until you see the Android Recovery menu, characterized with an Android lying on its back.
- Use the Volume Up/Down buttons to toggle the menu selection to “wipe data / factory reset“. Press the “Power” button the choose the option.
- Use the Volume Up/Down buttons to toggle the menu selection to “Yes – erase all user data“. Press the “Power” button to select it.
From the Home screen , select “Settings” > “Backup & reset” > “Factory data reset” > “Reset phone” > “Erase everything“.
PAUL HADFIELD says
have tried hard reset, still says sign in with account previously registered on this phone
Rowena Mora Roach says
hi! my husband cell is having some issues. he can start the cell phone it will go the motorola photo, then he can do the sign in pattern then nothing happen. we try to reboot but still nothing happen it just say the M logo.
I am having problems trying to sign into my moto G5 phone it asks for my google account details which i have put in but it says sign in fro m a different google account
Thomas Fahlberg says
I tried it wants my google account but it wont let me it say do to recent password change it wont so now what do I do?
ps… now tried with sim and sd out… seems to be working .. thanks
tried this and have used before… this time no joy at all. Dead.
Rob Massey says
Unable to input requested PIN as keyboard is “missing”. Voice option “No Available”