If you are experiencing problems with your Moto G5 Plus, resetting the smartphone might solve your problems. Here’s how to soft and hard reset the Moto G5.
These steps just restart a frozen or non-responding phone. No data is erased.
- Press and hold the “Volume Down + Power” buttons until the device shuts off. You should then be able to restart it.
A hard reset will erase all data and settings from the phone.
- Power the phone completely off.
- Press and hold the “Volume Down” and the “Power” buttons simultaneously. Release both buttons when you see the menu appears.
- Use the “Volume Down” button to toggle the selection on the menu to “Recovery mode“.
- Press the “Power” button to choose the “Recovery mode” selection.
- A screen should appear with the Android robot. While on this screen hold down the “Power” button while pressing and releasing the “Volume Up” button.
- Continue to hold “Power” until you see the Android Recovery menu, characterized with an Android lying on its back.
- Use the Volume Up/Down buttons to toggle the menu selection to “wipe data / factory reset“. Press the “Power” button the choose the option.
- Use the Volume Up/Down buttons to toggle the menu selection to “Yes – erase all user data“. Press the “Power” button to select it.
From the Home screen , select “Settings” > “Backup & reset” > “Factory data reset” > “Reset phone” > “Erase everything“.