Users of the Apple iPhone may experience an error when trying to make a data connection.
Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data service.
This error is common after traveling for some reason. It could be occurring because you have a poor connection to the wireless network, but it’s more likely that the Apple iPhone just needs it’s settings calibrated. Try using one of these fixes.
- Open “Settings” > “General” > “VPN” (if it exists).
- Look for an option called “Profiles“. If it doesn’t exist, try Fix 2.
- Clear anything you have listed in the “Profiles” section.
- Power down, then restart the phone.
- Open “Settings” from the Home screen.
- Tap “General“.
- Select “Reset“.
- Choose “Reset Network Settings“.
- Power down the iPhone by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button on the top of the device, then sliding the “Off” slider.
- Wait about 10 seconds, then power the iPhone back on.
- Open a web browser and see if things are operating as expected.
Most of the time, these steps will fix this error. Please share your experience in the comments section below.