It doesn’t matter whether you’re the type of person who works out and wants to leave your phone behind or not. Being able to pair your Bluetooth earbuds with Pixel Watch, or any smartwatch for that matter just brings another level of convenience to your overall experience.
How to Use Bluetooth Headphones With Pixel Watch
Considering that there are so many fantastic options for those looking to find the best Bluetooth earbuds, it’s no surprise that Google made this possible with the Pixel Watch. And the best part is that you don’t need to own a set of Pixel Buds or Pixel Buds Pro in order to make this work. Instead, you can just grab any set of Bluetooth earbuds, pair them with your Pixel Watch, and start listening to music or podcasts right from your wrist.
With that being said, here’s how to pair Bluetooth headphones with Pixel Watch:
- Put your Bluetooth earbuds into pairing mode.
- This varies depending on the type of earbuds or headphones you are using. With most earbuds, there will be a pairing button on the charging case that is used to put the earbuds into pairing mode.
- From your Pixel Watch, swipe down on the watch face to reveal the Quick Settings panel.
- Tap the Settings (cog) icon.
- Tap Connectivity.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Tap the Pair new device button.
- Select your earbuds from the list of available devices.
After a moment or two, your Bluetooth headphones will be paired with your Pixel Watch. And if you own an LTE Pixel Watch, you can leave your phone behind, go out for a run, and still enjoy your favorite workout playlists or podcasts.
Auto-launch Media Controls
There is one other setting that you might want to change if you fall into this camp, and this is to have media controls appear automatically. Regardless of whether you’re listening to something on your phone, or on the Pixel Watch, you can have the media controls show up instead of needing to open the app directly. Here’s how you can change those settings:
- Open the Google Pixel Watch app on the phone that is paired with your Pixel Watch.
- Scroll down until you reach the Settings section.
- Tap Watch preferences.
- Tap General.
- Next to Auto-launch media controls, tap the toggle to the On position.
- In the top left corner, tap the back arrow button to save your changes.
Now, whenever you start listening (or watching) any type of media either on your paired phone or the Pixel Watch directly, the media controls will automatically appear. This makes it easy to skip or pause a song without needing to interact with your phone. You can even adjust the volume by rotating the crown on your Pixel Watch, which is another nice touch.