Slowly but surely, desktop environments are adapting and gaining mobile features like Emoji characters. Here’s how to get Emoji on your desktop computer.
Option 1 – Windows 10 & 8 Touch Keyboard
- Right-click a blank area of the Windows Taskbar, then choose “Toolbars” > “Touch Keyboard“.
- Select the Touch Keyboard icon in the taskbar.
- Choose the smiley key, located toward the lower left portion of the keyboard.
- Select the Emoji to type it in a field
Option 2 – Google Chrome Plugin
- Download and install the “Emoji Keyboard” plugin.
- Once installed, an Emoji icon will available at the upper-right corner of the Chrome browser screen. Select it.
- Type the text you want to type and include the emoji characters you wish to use, then select “Copy Message“.
- Paste (CTRL + V) the Emoji message in the text field where you would like to use it.
Option 3 – Copy & Paste Website
- Open iEmoji or GetEmoji in any web browser.
- Select the Emoji character you would like to use.
- Highlight the box/Emoji, then copy it (CTRL + C).
- Paste (CTRL + V) the Emoji in the text field you would like to use it. It may still show as a rectangle, but when you send your message, it will show as an Emoji character.