Snapchat is the popular social media apps that is extremely popular among young people. It utilizes an abundant number of videos and pictures to allow people to share personal time with one another. Snapchat is similar to the many apps that are in use today. Facebook, Zoom, Instagram and more are among the genera used by people who want to stay in touch. These apps are for those motivated people who want to stay connected as much as possible.
Now, you are a Snapchat user, but some time has lapsed since you created your account. Maybe you are one of those users that like to be one of the first users of new apps. You were right there in 2011, when Snapchat launched. Your username was so cool. Bobsterclaw, geeohsnap and yesjulz was taken. So, you came up with a username that would stand out and withstand the test of time. However, it is ten years ago. You have matured, changed careers, have a new significant other and moved a few times. That username, that looked so outstanding so many years ago, just does not quite fit anymore.
If you are reading this article, then you have come up against the Snapchat wall. The developers of Snapchat could not possibly conceive of anyone wanting to change their beloved Snapchat username. Afterall, in 2011, Snapchat was the latest app and would be the one app to solve all of our social medial worries. In any case, the Snapchat developers did not leave an option to change usernames after an account is created. Their justification is security reasons and weird conspiracy theories, but you are ready for a change. Isn’t it frustrating when you come up against modern technology acting like it has just discovered electricity? It is years later and we have to wonder if we have to live with this Snapchat tattoo for the rest of our virtual lives. The good news is that we do not have to live with this virtual tattoo. There are a few workarounds and alternatives available to us, as we should expect technology to do for us.
Below, are some useful methods for addressing your username needs.
If you are not overly interested in some of the more invasive methods to changing your username that appear below, you can go the simple route of changing your Display Name.
- Open the Snapchat app and navigate to the My Profile option and tap the gear icon. This will open options under the My Account section.
- Tape Name in this My Account section. A dialog will appear that will allow you to enter a new Display Name.
- Type your new, up to date, Display Name and select the Save option.
Your username has not changed, but your new display name is current, associated with your current identity and is easier to find in a Snapchat search.
This method is for the more technically comfortable in the Snapchat community. With this app, you can change your username inside of Snapchat++ and return to your regular Snapchat app with that new username.
- IOS users will have to go to Settings, then General, then to Background App Refresh and make sure Wifi and Cellular Data is turned on. Android users do not have to worry about this particular step.
- Go to smmsky.co or sideload.net.
- Type Snapchat in the search.
- You will see the Snapchat++ option. Tap on it to allow Injection to begin. This can take up to 20 minutes to complete. There is some legwork to do after this.
- You will have to complete two offers. This entails downloading some apps you do not have to care about. Run them for a little while, about 30 seconds or whatever needs to be done to satisfy the requirements, and Snapchat++ will load.
- Open Snapchat++ and sign into your account and the option to change your username will be available to you.
Has anyone ever said to you, “If you want it, just ask?” The problem is that human behavior makes this the hardest thing to do, even if someone tells you that they will give you whatever you ask for.
Well, this same option is available in Snapchat, for a few select lucky users. Yes, occasionally, Snapchat will change your username is you ask them. This is done by going to Snapchat support and following the instructions to get your question to the right people who can work on this for you. There is no guarantee; however, those with a believable excuse for business purposes usually get pretty far in pleading their case.
The Last Resort – Nuclear Solution
The last option is the nuclear solution. This goes without saying but let’s amuse ourselves. The nuclear option is to delete your account and start from scratch. Not a popular option, but you do get your new username.