If you have deleted a purchased Android app from your device, purchased a new phone, or wiped the memory of your existing phone, the apps you downloaded from Google Play will no longer be installed on the device. In most cases, you can re-download any free or purchased apps though. Just use these steps.
Option 1 – From Device
- Ensure you are logged into your device using the Google account that you installed or purchased the apps under. You can add users under “Settings” > “Users“.
- Open the “Play Store” app.
- Select the “Menu” icon located at the upper-left corner, then choose “My apps & games“.
- Swipe to the left to get to the “Library” area. All the apps you ever downloaded will be listed here including paid apps.
- Tap the “Install” button next to the app you wish to reinstall.
Option 2 – From a PC Browser
You can also initiate a re-download from the Google Play website. Just visit the My Android Apps page.
I have a new device and the app doesn’t show up in the Google Play store anymore. Why?
The app is probably not compatible with your new device. The Google Play store filters any apps that are not listed as compatible.