If you have deleted a purchased Android app, purchased a new phone, or wiped the memory of your existing phone, the apps you downloaded from Google Play will no longer be installed on the phone. Don’t worry though. You can always re-download any free or purchased apps though. Just use these steps.
Option 1 – From Device
- Ensure you are logged into your device using the Google account that you installed or purchased the apps under. You can add users under “Settings” > “Users“.
- Open the “Play Store” app.
- Select the “Menu” icon located at the upper-left corner, then choose “My apps & games“.
- Swipe to the left to get to the “All” area. All the apps you ever downloaded will be listed here including paid apps.
- Select the app you wish to install from the list, then tap “Install“. You will not be charged again for an app you have already paid for.
Option 2 – From a PC Browser
You can also initiate a re-download from the Google Play website. Just visit the My Android Apps page.