A hard reset will reset the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 back to factory default settings. You would perform these steps if you want the device prepared to sell or return to the store, but you may also want to perform a hard reset if there are problems with the device that you can’t seem to solve using any other method.
Method 1: From Startup
- With the device off, press and hold the “Volume Up“, “Home“, and “Power” buttons.
- Release the buttons when you see the recovery screen and the Samsung logo.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu and select “wipe data / factory reset“. Press “Home” to choose the highlighted selection.
- On the next screen, press “Volume Up” to continue.
Method 2: From Software Menus
- With the device started, open “Apps” > “Settings“.
- Select the “General” tab.
- Select “Backup and reset“
- Tap “Factory data reset“.
- Check the “Format SD Card” option if desired. This option will erase data on the SD card data like your photos and music.
- Tap “Reset device“.
The Galaxy Tab 4 should then go through the hard reset process.