Is your Samsung Galaxy S9 automatically correcting your text way too much? Disable the autocorrect features with these tutorials.
Add Words to Dictionary
When “Auto replacement” is enabled on the Galaxy S9, words are automatically changed to the word the device thinks you want to use when you press the Space bar. If this happens and you don’t want the word to be auto-corrected again, you can tap the corrected word, then choose the word as you originally typed it.
Perform these steps with every automatically corrected word the first time and eventually you will not be troubled with it any longer.
Turn Off Autocorrect Features
- Open “Settings” > “General management” > “Language and input” > “On screen keyboard“.
- Choose the keyboard you are using (probably Samsung).
- Change the options in the “Smart typing” section as desired.
- Predictive text – Words are suggested below the keyboard field.
- Auto replace – Automatically replace most likely word after space bar is hit.
- Auto check spelling – Underline spelling errors.
- Auto spacing – Place spaces in between words.
- Auto punctuate – Insert periods or apostrophes automatically.
This tutorial applies to the SM-G960V, SM-G965V models of the Samsung Galaxy S9.