The fingerprint unlock feature is pretty neat on the Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone. Not everyone finds that they enjoy it after using it a few days though. Whether you like the security it brings or hate the extra step, here’s how to enable or disable the fingerprint unlock feature.
Turn Off Fingerprint Unlock
- Go to “Apps” > “Settings” > “Lock screen and security“.
- Select “Fingerprints” under the “Security” section.
- enter the PIN, password, or pattern you set up when you set it up.
- Slide “Fingerprint unlock” to “Off“.
When you do this, the phone will only allow you to unlock it using the PIN, password, or pattern. You can disable these under “Lock screen and security” > “Lock screen type” by setting it to “None“.
Turn On Fingerprint Unlock
- Go to “Apps” > “Settings” > “Lock screen and security” > “Screen lock type“.
- Select “Fingerprints“.
- Choose to set a Pattern, PIN, or Password as an alternate method for unlocking your phone.
- Use a finger or thumb to press the “Home” button numerous times. Use a different portion of a single finger or thumb multiple times until the device fully reads your print.