Samsung Galaxy S8 and Note8 users can normally use Google Play to install apps on their devices. You can install APK files on your S8 or Note8 as well. You’ll just need to take a few steps first. Here’s how it’s done.
- Select “Apps” from the Home screen, then open “Settings“.
- Select “Lock screen and security“.
- Scroll down and select the “Unknown sources” option.
- If you don’t have the APK file on your phone yet, you can transfer it over by connecting your S8 to your computer and moving the file to the device. You can also download it from the web browser on the device. Another option would be to email it to yourself, then download it via your email account.
- Once the APK file is on your phone, select “Apps” from the home screen, then open “Samsung” > “My Files“.
- Select “Internal storage“, then navigate to the place where the APK file is saved.
- Tap the file. You will be walked through the process of installing the app.
You should now be all done. The APK file is now installed on the Samsung Galaxy S8. Questions? Leave a comment below.
Why do I get an “Problem while parsing the package” or “Application not installed” error?
It is likely that the APK file is not compatible with your device.
Where can I get new APK files?
There are many options. APKMirror is a well trusted site.