You can connect and mirror your Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone to your TV and view photos or videos on a bigger screen. Just follow these steps.
Option 1 – Miracast or BLE
- Obtain one of the following items:
- Ensure your TV or device is setup and ready to receive video.
- Swipe down the notification bar at the top of the screen with two fingers and selecting “Smart View“.
- A list of devices you can connect with will be shown. Tap the one you wish to connect with.
Option 2 – Chromecast
- If you do not have a smart TV that supports Chromecast, you can get a
Google Chromecast and connect it to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Ensure the Chromecast and Galaxy S7 are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Google Play app and install the Chromecast app on your device.
- Follow the wizard to setup your device with your TV.
- Apps like Netflix and YouTube will now have a “Cast” button within the app that you can use to send the video to the Chromecast and TV. If you want to mirror everything on the device, open the Chromecast app, select “Menu” , choose “Cast Screen / audio“, then select your Chromecast device in the list.
Does the Galaxy S7 support an MHL cable connection?
Unlike it’s predecessors, the Galaxy S7 does not support an MHL cable connection.
What about AllShare support?
AllShare has been replaced with a feature called Samsung Link. You can find out more about it here.
If you have any questions or find discrepancies with this post, please share in the comments section below.
Will this work with apps like NFL or HBO?
Many apps have the ability to view content on a TV locked down. TV channel apps and sports apps commonly disable the ability to view their content via the methods above.
This post applies to the SM-G930F and SM-G935F (Edge) Models of the Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone.