The Canon Pixma MG5220 printer has the ability to scan documents to your computer. Before you try any scanning though, you have to have the proper software installed and know the steps. Just follow these instructions.
- Install the MP Navigator EX software located on the disc that came with the printer. If you don’t have the disc, you can obtain the software on the Canon website.
- Select “Start” > “Programs” > “Canon Utilities” > “MP Navigator EX” > “MP Navigator EX“.
- Select “Photos/Documents“.
- Open the top of the scanner and place the document you wish to scan on the glass.
- Set preferences on the screen as needed. Select the “Scan” button when ready.
- The Pixma 5220 should start the scanning process. When it’s finished, select “Save” to save the document(s) as a JPEG, or select “Save as PDF” to save it in PDF format.
How do I scan documents to Evernote?
You’ll have to set the EX Navigator software to send files to Evernote using these steps.
- Ensure you have installed the Evernote application.
- Open EX Navigator, then go to “One Click” > “Custom“.
- Under “Application settings“, select the “Set” button.
- Browse to the location of the installed Evernote application. For Windows users, it is usually located at “C:\Program Files\Evernote\Evernote“
- Select “Apply” to save the changes, and you should be set to scan to Evernote.
Skye Finley says
Do I have to download the software from the disc? Im on a tablet and I cant use discs but I can easily print.
My printer is out of ink. Can I still scan without the ink?
earl brown says
why does the trangle light keep flashing
Was very helpful, thank you very much!
I have the drivers installed to print documents to my PC however I’m unable to scan a document. Is there a separate driver for scanning? My computer was recently wiped clean and I reinstalled the print drivers…have I missed something?
andy whiteing says
I get an error message with a pop up box
Mary Mastracy says
I need to know the steps to fax on my Canon MX490. My disc loader on computer is broken.
no..I need to scan a document in word format to word for changes..it only scans in PDF form and cannot be changed unless you change it in Adobe for a charge..
Mitch Bartlett says
no – apparently Canon doesn’t supply support/downloads for the mg2200. In fact, they don’t even seem to acknowledge that that particular model exists – I’m not sure how to interpret that! I guess…I got sold the wrong model…