When attempting to download apps from the Windows Store, Microsoft Windows 10 users may experience a problem where the app is stuck in a “Pending” state, and the download never completes. We have a few things you can do to attempt to fix this problem.
Try a simple restart of Windows first. Go to “Start” > “Power” > “Restart“.
Try logging into your Microsoft account again
- Open the “Store” app, then right-click or tap and hold anywhere on the screen.
- Select the “Your Account” option.
- Select “Change user“.
- Type your Microsoft account credentials, then select “Save“.
Reset the Store Cache
Select Start, type “wsreset“, then select the “wsreset” option. The Store app will then open where you can see if you can download your apps again.
Fix problems with Windows Update
Windows Update doesn’t seem like it should have anything to do with the Store app, but some people have reported this works.
- Select Start, type “troubleshooting“.
- Select the “Troubleshooting” option.
- Select the “Fix problems with Windows Update” option in the “System and Security” section.
- Select “Next” and follow the rest of the wizard.
Reset Windows Update
- Select “Start“, type “services“, then select the “View local services” option.
- Select the “Windows Update” service, then select “Stop” to stop the service.
- Navigate to “C:\Windows“.
- Rename the “SoftwareDistribution” folder to “SoftwareDistribution.0“.
- Go back to the “Services” screen and start the “Windows Update” service again.
- Attempt to download your apps.
I hope one of these options has solved your problem in Windows 10 with apps stuck in a “Pending” state. To help others and to improve this post, please write about your experience with this problem in the Comments section below.