After recording videos with my smartphone, I often need to trim parts of the video files. Fortunately, Microsoft Windows 10 has tools that provide an easy way to trim video. Just follow these steps.
- Right-click the video file, and choose “Open with” > “Photos“.
- Select the “Trim” button located at the upper-right portion of the window.
- Slide the two white sliders to where the portion of the video you wish to keep is in between them. The blue slider only shows the current frame and has no bearing on trimming.
- Once you have the area of the video you wish to keep selected, click the “Save a copy” option located at the upper-right portion of the window.
- Give the video file a new name. Once saved, it will be the new trimmed version of the video.