When you’re in a hurry and you need to shut down your computer as quickly as possible, the last thing you need is that ‘You’re About to be Signed Out‘ message on the screen.
Your computer won’t do anything for 30-40 seconds. Then the ‘Shutting down‘ message will appear on the screen.
If you want to get rid of that alert and shut down your computer quicker, this guide will come in handy.
How to Disable You’re About to be Signed Out on Windows 10
Disable Sign-in Info Settings on Restart
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Accounts.
- Then click on Sign-in options.
- Scroll down to Privacy.
- Toggle off the following option: Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart.
Disable Automatic Updates
Oftentimes, this notification pops up when the Windows Update Service is working in the background, actively downloading updates on your machine.
In other words, the OS is delaying the shutdown process for a few seconds. This buys your computer enough time to finish downloading or installing the update it’s working on before shutting down.
One way to avoid getting the ‘You’re about to be signed out’ alert is to disable automatic updates. If you don’t know how to do that, we got this step-by-step guide ready for you.
Or you can simply wait patiently until Windows 10 shuts down on its own. Anyway, you should not get this alert more than two or three times a month.
Disable Fast Startup
Some users suggested that turning off Fast Startup can speed up the shutdown process.
- Launch Control Panel.
- Navigate to Hardware and Sound.
- Then select Power Options.
- Click Choose what the power button does.
- Hit the button that says Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Untick the Turn on fast startup (recommended) option.
- Save the changes.
Check if Windows 10 still displays a pop-up window when you’re about to be signed out.
Run DISM and SFC
Check if there’s any issue with your system files that might be adding that one extra minute when shutting down your computer.
- Launch Command Prompt as admin.
- Run the following commands and hit Enter after each one:
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
- DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
- sfc /scannow
- Restart your computer.
Let us know if Windows still says it will shut down in less than a minute.