You will want to choose to enable or disable data roaming on the Apple iPhone X or 8 depending on your wireless plan. If you your wireless provider does not charge you extra for being on another carrier’s network, you will want to enable Data Roaming. If they do, you might want to disable it. You’ll especially want to turn it off when traveling internationally if you don’t have an international plan. Here’s how it’s done.
Note: These steps were performed on the Verizon iPhone X on iOS version 10. Certain carriers may disable this setting or place it in another location.
- From the Home screen, tap “Settings“.
- Tap “Cellular“.
- Select “Cellular Data Options“.
- Set “Data Roaming” to On (Green) or Off (White) as desired.
Note: The option may be something similar like “International CDMA switch” or something like that.
- Hold down the Home button to bring up Siri.
- Tell Siri to “Turn data roaming on” or “Turn data roaming off” as desired.
Does this setting have an effect on text messaging?
Yes it can. You may not receive text messages while roaming if this setting is disabled.
Did this help? Let us know!