Apple iOS 8 introduced the ability to hide and unhide photos on your iPhone or iPad. We’ll show you how it’s done with these steps.
Hide Photo or Video
- From the “Photos” app, navigate to the photo or video you wish to hide.
- Tap and hold the photo or video until the “Hide” option appears, then tap the option. You can do this from the thumbnail or actual item.
- Confirm your selection by selecting “Hide Photo/Video“
When you hide an item, it is placed in an album called “Hidden”.
Unhide Photo or Video
- From the “Photos” app, go to “Albums” > “Hidden“.
- Tap and hold the photo or video until the “Unhide” option appears, then tap the option.
The item is then visible in the album as it was before hiding.
How can I hide multiple items?
There is no way to hide multiple photos or videos in iOS at this time.