Learn how to connect the Samsung Galaxy S9 to your Microsoft Windows or Apple MacOS computer so you can transfer pictures, music, or whatever other files you need between the devices using these steps.
- Windows users should download and install the USB drivers from the Samsung Website. MacOS users should download and install Android File Transfer.
- Connect the device to your computer using the included USB cable.
- Unlock the S9. If prompted, accept any prompts to trust the computer.
- Swipe down the notification area by swiping downward from the top of the screen with 2 fingers.
- Ensure the “File transfer” option is selected.
- The Galaxy S9 will show in the File Explorer as an option under “This PC“. MacOS can access the device from the Android File Transfer application.
- Pictures are found under “DCIM” >”Camera“.
- Screenshots are under “DCIM” > “Screenshots“.
Can I mirror the screen of the Galaxy S9 to my PC?
Yes. Windows and Mac users can use the Smart Switch software will allow mirroring and provide an interface for file transfers.
Why is my Windows computer not detecting the Galaxy S9?
Try some of the steps outlined in our Windows 10 Doesn’t Recognize Android Device post.
This tutorial applies to the SM-G960V, SM-G965V models of the Samsung Galaxy S9.