Zoom may sometimes stop working when you’re trying to convert your recordings. One particular error often prevents users from converting recordings into a usable format on their devices. And this error is: “Files from unknown sources. Converting the following files may put your device and personal data at risk“.
After this error pops up on the screen, Zoom gives users two options. They either hit the Convert Anyway button or click on Do not convert. However, if they click on Convert Anyway, the recording conversion process remains stuck at 0% no matter how long they wait.
How to Fix Files from Unknown Sources Error on Zoom
Use the zTscoder.exe File
One of the quickest methods to force Zoom to finish the conversion process is to launch the zTscoder executable file. There are two simple methods you can do that.
Manually Launch zTscoder
- Double-click on the ‘double_click_to_convert‘ file link in your Zoom error window.
- Next, click on Open with and go to More apps.
- Then click on Look for another app on this PC. Basically, you’re telling Zoom that you want to manually select that program.
- The zTscoder.exe file is located under C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin.
- Double-click on the zTscoder.exe file to launch it.
- Go back to the error window. Hit the ‘double_click_to_convert‘ file link. This should launch the video conversion process.
Launch zTscoder from AppData
Alternatively, you can go straight to C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin and double-click on zTscoder to launch the executable file. Then, you can double-click on the ‘double_click_to_convert‘ link in the Zoom error window.
To avoid any software conflicts, make sure to close all background programs while converting your Zoom recording. Additionally, ensure you have enough free space on your device to store the file.
If Zoom fails to convert your recording because it comes from an unknown source, you can force the process by launching the zTscoder.exe file. Drop us a comment below and tell us if you managed to convert your Zoom recording.