Your friend posted a picture of you on Facebook that you don’t want anybody to see. Even worse, they tagged you. So now the photo is out there for your friends to see. Luckily you can remove the tag from the photo.
Full Desktop Version Site
- From the photo the page is on use the “Options” link to select “Remove Tag“.
- Select “OK“.
- From the photo page, select the “More Options” link, then choose “Remove Tag“.
- Select the “Remove Tag” button.
Android & iOS App
- Navigate to “Photos“, then select the photo.
- Tap the “Menu” button located at the upper-right corner. On Android, this could be the physical “Menu” button below the screen, or a button with three lines. On iOS, it is a button with three dots.
- Select “Remove Tag“.
- Select “Confirm“.
You may ask “What happens if somebody else tags me in the photo again?”. Well, they won’t be able to. Once you remove your tag, anybody after that will get an error when they attempt to tag you again. However, they could delete the photo, upload it again, then tag it again.