The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 can connect to most TVs wirelessly. You just need the right equipment. Here are three different options you can use.
Option 1 – Chromecast
This option also allows you to mirror any screen on your device wirelessly.
- If you do not have a smart TV that supports Chromecast, you can acquire a Google Chromecast Adapter and connect it to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Ensure the Chromecast and Note 5 are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the Chromecast app on the Note 5.
- Follow the wizard to setup your device with your TV.
- Apps like Netflix and YouTube will now have a “Cast” button within the app that you can use to send the video to the Chromecast and TV. If you want to mirror everything on the device, open the Chromecast app, select “Menu” , choose “Cast Screen / audio“, then select your Chromecast device in the list.
Option 2 – Miracast
This option allows you to mirror any screen on your device wirelessly.
- If you do not have a smart TV that supports Miracast, purchase one of the following items, and connect it to an available HDMI port on your TV.
- Ensure your TV or device is setup and ready to receive video.
- Connect your TV to the Note 5 by swiping down the notification bar at the top of the screen and selecting “Quick Connect” > device > “Play/view content” > device name > “Video” > “Done“.
Option 3 – DLNA
This option allows devices to read files from your Note 5 wirelessly, but it does not allow mirroring.
- Connect your Note 5 to the same Wi-Fi network as your DLNA device (TV, computer, gaming console, etc).
- From the Note 5, select “Settings” > “More” > “Nearby devices“.
- Turn the “Nearby devices switch” to “On“.
- From the “Advanced” area, select “Content to share“.
- Check one or more of the following:
- From the “Advanced” section, select “Allowed devices“
- Choose devices that are allowed to share media with.
How do I connect my Note 5 to an older analog CRT television?
You will need to purchase an HDMI to RCA adapter to convert the signal to work with the RCA ports on your older TV.
What about using an MHL adapter?
The Note 5 does not support using an MHL adapter.
This post applies to the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 model SM-N920.
If you have any questions or find discrepancies with this post, please share in the comments section below.