Amazon Fire and Fire TV Stick users may find that that the screen on their TV appears zoomed in too much. The problem will cause the screen to be cut off with areas missing. It’s a common issue. You can easily fix this problem with the following steps.
Fix 1 – Disable Screen Magnifier via Remote
Press and hold the “Back” and “Fast Forward” buttons on the remote. This should disable the screen magnifier feature and reset things back to normal.
Some models may require you to hold the “Menu” and “Pause/Play” buttons.
Fix 2 – Kodi Users
- From the Home screen, select “System” > “Settings“.
- Choose “Appearance“.
- Scroll to the bottom and change “Settings Level” to “Export“.
- Scroll up to “Display“
- Under “Calibration” select “Video Calibration“.
- Use the arrows on the remote to position the screen as desired. Once set, push the Center button on the report.
- Adjust the box to where it shows as a square. Once set, push the Center button on the report.
Fix 3 – Toshiba Users
- Go to “Menu” > “Picture” > “Theater Settings” > “Picture Size“
- Select “Native“. If that doesn’t work, try some of the other Picture Size settings to see what works best.