With Windows 10, you can instantly access the programs or applications you need by pinning them to the taskbar. This means you won’t need to search for programs or apps in the application tab or in the search box because you can easily pin that program or application to your windows taskbar. It’s easy to do.
Here we are going to tell you the simplest steps to follow to pin to the taskbar in Windows 10.
Pin Application on Taskbar:
There are two ways to pin an application on taskbar:
1. To pin an app from your desktop shortcut, you simply need to drag it to the taskbar. The application will be automatically pinned.
2. To pin the running application, you can pin it to the bar by running it first.
Pin Running Application to the Taskbar:
To pin the running program or application to the taskbar, you have to follow these steps:
1. Search the name of the program by typing it in the search bar or choose it from the menu to launch this program.
2. Once the program starts to run, it will appear on the taskbar, click right over it to open the list of menu.
3. After that, select “Pin to Taskbar”, and your application will be pinned.
Pin the File to the Taskbar:
To pin a file to the taskbar, follow these steps:
1. First change the extension of the file to .exe, note down the original value of the file.
2. Simply drag your file to the Windows taskbar. It will be pinned automatically since it starts to appear as an application to the windows.
3. In the next step, you have to change the extension of your file and replace it with its original value.
4. Click right on the taskbar icon, and then again click right on the name of the file to select the properties.
5. Here you have to identify the name of your file and change its extension back to its real value.
6. Now you can see that your file is pinned to the taskbar. But it will contain on a generic app icon instead of having a file icon.
Pin the File to a Jump List of Programs to the Taskbar:
This is one of the best ways to quickly access the files to pin it to the taskbar. Follow these steps:
1. Click right over the pinned program or access this menu.
2. Right-click on the recent list and then you should select Pin to this list.
3. Right-click on the taskbar item to access the list; the file will be opened from this list.
Pin Website to the Taskbar by Using Google Chrome:
To pin a website to the taskbar by using Google chrome follow these steps:
1. Load the website in Google Chrome.
2. Form the top right of Chrome chooses three vertical dots.
3. Choose “More Tools” and then “Create Shortcut”.
4. A dialogue box will appear, Write shortcut’s name and select “Create” a desktop shortcut will be created.
5. Now drag it to the taskbar to pin it.
Pros & Cons of Using Microsoft Windows
MS Windows is still the most common operating system on the Planet. Advantages of using Windows were once measured against using rivaling desktop operating systems, such as MacOS or Linux, but is currently more in danger of being surpassed by Android.
You can buy a USB drive with Microsoft Windows 10 Home Edition and join millions of users worldwide on a platform that is considered the industry standard.