Whether your migrating your data or just want it in both places, you can easily import your Microsoft Outlook Contacts into your Google Gmail account.
Exporting Contacts from Outlook
- From Outlook, select “File” > “Open & Export” > “Import and Export“
- One the first screen of the wizard, select “Export to a file“, then click “Next“.
- Select “Comma Separated Values (DOS)“, then click “Next“.
- Choose “Contacts” in the list, then click “Next“.
- Save the file to a location. Click the “Browse…” button if you want to avoid typing the full path. Click “Next“.
- Click “Finish“.
- The file is exported with a .CSV extension.
Importing Contacts to Gmail
Note: If you don’t have the list of options on the left side, select the Menu icon (3 lines) at the upper-left corner of the window.
The contacts are then imported and ready to use in Gmail.
FAQm>Why don’t I have the option to Export in Outlook?
If you’re using Outlook on a work or school computer, the option to export from Outlook may be restricted by the Systems Administrator. You will need to contact your IT department to see if there is a way to enable it. Otherwise, you can use a workaround to export contacts as VCF files so that you may import them one by one.