You can extend Microsoft Teams’ capabilities by adding various apps to your channel. For example, if you’re a teacher, you can add a dedicated quiz app to create and manage quizzes. But sometimes, you may lose track of all the apps installed within Teams, which could clutter the desktop client.
How Do I Remove Apps from Microsoft Teams?
Deleting the apps you no longer need is not a straightforward task. This is because Teams doesn’t have a list with all the apps you added to the client. Instead, you need to manually search for the apps you want to uninstall from your channels. This is a time-consuming task, but at least you’ll get rid of all the apps you don’t need anymore.
Steps to Uninstall Apps from Teams
Use this method to remove the apps associated with a particular team.
- Launch Microsoft Teams
- Go to your team and select More options (the three dots).
- Then click on the Manage team option.
- Select Apps tab.
- Simply select the app you want to remove and hit the Uninstall button.
Uninstall App from Teams Chats
You can uninstall Teams apps directly from the chat window.
- Launch Teams and click on the Chat menu.
- Under Type a new message, you should see a list of app icons.
- Right-click on the app you can to remove and select Uninstall.
Remove Apps Using More Added Apps
You can also uninstall Teams apps using the More added apps option.
- Go to your main screen and click on the three dots in the left-hand pane. If you hover over the three dots, the More added apps option should become visible.
- You can filter the results by recent apps or order them alphabetically from A to Z. Keep in mind that not all the apps you installed are visible under More added apps.
- Right-click on the app you want to delete and select the Uninstall option.
Removing the apps you installed on Microsoft Teams is not an intuitive task. You need to first locate them in your team settings, but you can also remove them directly from the chat window.
Do you think Microsoft should improve the app management feature in Teams? What would you do differently? Let us know in the comments below.
Lynette Grassow says
No! There is no methodology anywhere to explain how to delete custom apps! Custom apps do not have the same method as shown here