Of you are an Microsoft Outlook 2016 user in an Exchange environment, you can easily set an Out of Office message to automatically reply to received messages if you’re going to be away on vacation for a few days. We’ll show you how it’s done with this tutorial.
Note: These steps only work if you are using Microsoft Outlook on an Exchange server or Outlook 365.
- In Outlook, select the “File” menu.
- Select “Info” on the left side.
- Select “Automatic Replies (Out of Office)“. If this option is grayed out, you may not be connected to a server that can use this feature.
- Select the “Send automatic replies” option. You can also check “Only send during this time range:” and select a time frame to send the replies.
- Select the “Inside My Organization” tab and type the reply you would like sent to your co-workers who are on the same mail system.
- Select the “Outside My Organization” tab and type the reply you would like sent to people outside of your organization.
You have successfully setup an automatic Out of Office Message in Microsoft Outlook 2016.