You may want to clear the cache, history or cookies on the Amazon Kindle Fire Silk web browser to keep things tuned up and working properly when browsing the Internet. Here’s how it’s done.
5th Generation Models
- From the Home screen, open the “Silk” web browser app.
- Select the “Menu” icon located at the upper-left corner.
- Choose “Settings“.
- Select “Privacy“.
- Select “Clear Browsing Data“.
- Check the options you wish to delete:
- Browsing history
- Cookies, Site data
- Saved passwords
- Autofill data
- Select “Clear“, and the data will be deleted from the Fire browser.
- Tap “Web” to open the Browser.
- Tap the button at the bottom of the screen, then select “Settings“.
- Scroll down and select “Clear all cookie data“, “Clear cache” or “Clear history” as desired.
- A dialog should appear where you can confirm your selection. Tap “OK” to proceed.
That’s it! You’ve successfully cleared the Kindle Fire Browser Cache, History and Cookies. Perform these steps every couple of months or so or whenever the browser seems slow or sluggish.